Followers

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Let it Snow....

Rhedd's Creative Spirit has it's last monthly challenge for 2018...and it will run from the 1st December to 31st January..giving the design team a well earned break.
For the December challenge I created a Let It Snow canvas, although it didn't actually start off as a christmas themed project.
I started with strips of torn book pages and backing papers that I glued down, then scraped over with texture paste, once dry I went over it with white acrylic paint, wiping back over some script with a baby wipe..I repeated this a few times and noticed that a sort of snowy landscape had been created and I thought it would look good with a row of houses on it...


I die cut a few houses and added them to the canvas...then added the sisal fibres, twigs and mini cones that I had daubed with white paint. 


I had some frosty snow texture paste that was really past it's sell by date, but there was enough left to dab a brush in and swipe it over the canvas and twigs to give it a little more texture and some sparkle.Once that was dry I flicked some diluted white paint over the canvas to give it a snowy look.


Finally I added the image of the little girl throwing a snowball...


I darkened the last photo to show the sparkle in the sky....

Hope you manage to find time to pop over and join in with our challenge...it ends the 31st January, so plenty of time
You can find us here at Rhedd's Creative Spirit

5 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Delightful canvas, Sandie. What a pretty holiday wall art decoration to hang this year! xoxo

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I love all the textures Sandie and the very different Christmas scene to what I experience - sunshine and yet more sunshine!

Judy McKay said...

Love your work Sandie. Beautiful design ad layers. Judy

Sammy said...

Oh this is lovely Sandie! So beautiful x

Lys said...

A lovely scene, I love the textures added to paper designs. An enchanting season playground for your little girl!