Followers

Friday, March 1, 2019

Pretty Little Trinket Box.

Good Morning...after the glorious weather we have had recently, it has now got a lot cooler...and wetter today, so I am staying home today. Would you believe that this time last year we had snow!

As some of you may know I own a challenge blog called Rhedd's Creative Spirit, I have been running challenges for 5+ years now and I think now is the time to retire. So this month is our very last challenge.
I will of course continue to craft and blog here, I couldn't manage without it, like many of us it's a great way to relax, think and mull things over.

My last project for Rhedd's is this lovely hexagonal wooden Trinket Box that's been on the shelf in my craft room for about 3years, so high time I got around to doing something with it.


I sealed the wood with black gesso inside and out, then gave it 2 coats of black acrylic paint.
Once dry I lined the inside of the box with black felt.
I added the cotton lace around the box and added the string bow.
For the top,I just layered that up with some burlap, lace,a strip of fabric, brass leaves and flowers and another string bow.


I felt it needed a little something more, so decided to add the watch with the key and chain.


Do pop over and check out our last challenge, it would be lovely to see you there.
Just follow this link to 

I am also entering this Trinket box in to the challenge over at 

5 comments:

Sammy said...

This just proves that you don't need pink and sparkles for something to be pretty and feminine. this is sooooo lovely, and the combination of neutrals and black with a subtle hint of blue really works for me! x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful trinket box! (I've got snow forecast for the first 3 days of March. Ugh. Spring, please...)

Lys said...

Such an elegant decorated box, I love the composition.

Judy McKay said...

Lovely altered box Sandra. Love the design. Judy

hazel said...

This is such a beautiful box Sandra, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
xxx Hazel.