Followers

Friday, July 20, 2012

All Aboard!

I thought I would share my distressed Vintage book cover with you. First I gessoed the cover,then coloured it with distress inks, using some sequin waste I added random patches of different colours.The frame is recyled from a card I had from a friend,too good to waste. I lightly sanded it down and rubbed it over with Tea Dye distress ink.The image is from Crafty individuals,the stamps are from Blockhead,Steampunk. The fabulous cogs are from a new company http://crafty-emblies.weebly.com/  To complete the distressed look I lightly sanded some of the edges of the book and then dabbed over some more tea dye ink. Hope you like it.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

hun this is just brilliant Hun I love your work,as you know,hugs Cherylxxxx

Michelle said...

I love this book cover:) Thats how I found you on Facebook.

I just love all the Vintage/Steampunk/Altered Art thats around at the moment.

I may even get 3 days of crafting in this week myself:)
michelle x

Dannii said...

Beautifully done, I love the steampunk look. Great project x

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

This is wonderful! The backing colour is gorgeous and I love the use of the crafty-embelies :-)
Such wonderful work from a wonderful lady.
Love Lisa xxxxx

Vee Cassidy said...

Stunning book cover, Sandie Vee xx

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Sandie, Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed viewing all the wonderful pieces on your blog. All your work is absolutely fantastic but I have to say my favorites all around are your beautiful twinchies. Thank you for the inspiration, I also became a follower so I can come back and visit.
:) Chris / CS Designs