Followers

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Anything but a Card

Time for another fabby challenge over at Rhedd and Rosies.....a great theme,chosen by me, "Anything but a Card"



This is my design team piece, my hand stitched Vintage Bag. Ideally I wanted to make it using Burlap, but couldn't source it locally, so had to go with what I had in my stash, which was hessian. First I hand stitched all the lace,then added the muslin lining before making it in to a bag. The image on the front I printed on to image transfer paper, then ironed that on to some very soft cotton cloth, using a thin piece of wadding to pad the image slightly, I then added another layer of cotton cloth. The lace I dipped in cold coffee to get the right colour,as well as dipping the tape.Finally I added the bead trim and buttons and added that piece as a front pocket,I also teased some threads from the muslin to make the whole piece look slightly shabby.
All the photos were printed on photographic paper and were all free images that I have saved in my library over the last couple of years...the pretty piece of paper with Bencross on it was a freebie from Astrid McClean....she has some gorgeous images that she offers as freebies, she is also an amazing crafter too.

You can find this challenge HERE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful, love the whole thing. So vintage.

Moira xx

Ineke Original said...

Wow! Just love this!

Zoe said...

You are so talented Sandie, I just love this xx Zoe xx

Sammy said...

You know that I absolutely adore this, right? Love the vintage shabby look and the neutral colours. Just my kind of thing! x

littlealteredheart said...

This is positively phenomenal - I love the lace and photos. So lovely!