Followers

Friday, February 14, 2014

Watch the Birdie...

Another great theme over at CraftyHands challenge blog has just got under way. The theme is "Heat or Dry Embossing"...you may even want to do both.
There's an amazing prize on offer too, by the blog owner Tonya...she is giving a set of  3 different sized Heart Punches by X-Cut...well worth entering the challenge for.



Gone are my days of using a light box and embossing tools...the hours I used to spend doing that...then along came the embossing machines...so much easier,although I don't use my Big Shot that much to be honest.
So this is my design team piece for the challenge, a butterfly embossed background, highlighted with distress inks, Evergreen Bough and Tattered Rose....the cage was inked with Evergreen Bough, then I stamped over it with a script stamp. I've added a little bit of icicle stickles to the rose,to give the effect of dew,but it dosen't show up too much.
You can find the challenge HERE

8 comments:

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous Sandie hun love it and here s hoping for a great Challenge x

froebelsternchen said...

Enchanting!

Wendy said...

Very pretty colours Sandie and I love the embossed background! Xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very pretty tag, love the embossing in the background along with the cage & birdie:) Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

Sammy said...

So adorable! I just love how the birdie's is peeping through the bars of the cage! x

Unknown said...

Hi Sandie, thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet words on my mixed media layout. Love your sweet little birdie, so cute! I have in meanwhile linked to the challenge blog, thanks for letting me know. The other day blogger wouldn't play nice and crashed a few times on me before I was through, so this one must have slipped by me. Have a great Sunday, hugs Frea

Vee Cassidy said...

Hello, Sandie! I have not been around blogland for a very long time. Nice to see your creations again. Vee xx

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous. I do love those cages and birds.

Moira xx