Followers

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

All Male Book Box

I've had this little Book Box in my craft room for ages, each time I picked it up, nothing creative happened so I kept putting it back on the shelf. Then I had a moment, like we do and I had the perfect theme for altering it.
I was inspired to making this book box in to an odds & ends box, something my father always had, he also used his old tobacco tins too.
So here it is,my All Male Book Box, which is my design team project for Altered Eclectics...their challenge starts today.




 I gessoed inside and outside of the book box, then painted it several times with cream acrylic paint.
Once it was completely dry I dry brushed over it with brown acrylic paint. After leaving it over night, I lavishly applied Korma Crackle to age it, leaving it in a warm room to speed the crackle up...I was really pleased with the effect, well worth applying the Korma Crackle quite thickly in a couple of areas.


The images and labels and tickets are all from my stash, some of which I used for a topper for the box, adding a large brass paper clip for effect.


All the trinkets inside the box are also from my stash, in fact  the keys, button and buckle strap were actually my fathers and the collar stud in the bottom right was my grandads.






You can find the Altered Art challenge here at Altered Eclectics

6 comments:

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Wow! Sandie..you stole my heart with this! This is sooooo vintage and worn out and you have got that lovely effect with the crackle. Just fab dear...I love the little things inside, such a personal feel. Great make, love every bit of this. Hugs.

Carol said...

Fab crackle effect love your worn vintage book and those gorgeous trinkets inside YUMMY XXXX

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Amazing. Love a bit of kroma crackle! Gorgeous vintage book. Love all the embellishments and such amazing detail.
Lisa. xxx

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a beautiful project Sandie, just had to pop over to see more photos.
Julie x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

This is an interesting idea Sandie!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I love this idea sweetie and the aged effect really does work - fandabbydozy! xx