I wanted to try something different for my design team project for Rhedds Creative Spirit this month,but it didn't actually go the way I wanted it to so I ended up making a junk journal instead.
I got a standard sized hard backed book....which I gessoed then covered in scrim, crinkling it up a bit as I glued it down.
Once completely dry I added texture with a mask and texture paste and then sprayed it with Artiste Spritzing Inks.
Once completely dry I used bronze gilding wax on some areas of the cover.
I lined the inside of the book cover then I gathered a selection of papers and envelopes etc to make 5 signatures for the inside.
These were all tied in with string,which I fastened off on the spine of the book.
I used ribbon, torn cloth and some card to make tabs for some of the pages.
To completely finish my Junk Journal I tied some torn cloth and trinkets to the string.
I'm quite proud of my very first Junk Journal, it is now being well used, and I do intend making more.
Do pop over to Rhedd's Creative Spirit for our Altered Art Challenge.