Followers

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Steampunky Door Hanger

This is my design team project for this months challenge over at Altered Eclectics.....however this project started from a Door Hanger that I received from Fernli Designs and the instructions were to alter it...


I covered the door hanger in backing paper that had some cogs on and after trimming I daubed it with  evergreen bough and red berries distress inks.I also coloured some cogs the same way.
For the centre section I used the drawer from one of Fernli Designs matchboxes.
This I lined with paper that I had embossed with a cog folder and again coloured with the same distress ink.
The four sides of the drawer was dabbed with red and turquoise acrylic paints.
Using the face stamp of a Gibson Girl I stamped and coloured her image and added her to the drawer.


I added several cogs and some brass nuts and clock and other embellishments....also the top section which is actually a handle bracket from an old sideboard...

You can find the challenge at Altered Eclectics HERE

4 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

You did a wonderful fob! The aesthetics are fabulous and you design point of view is very clear! Nice Work!
Hugz,
Chana, Altered Eclectics, DT

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful piece Sandie. Love the design and the colour scheme. Beautiful details. Judy

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Absolutely stunning door hanger. Love the colours and I adore the gibson girls. There is just something about them that almost makes them regal. Love it sweetie xx

Jane Royston said...

Love this Sandie! The colours are really gorgeous, rich and elegant. Jane :) x