Followers

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Warrior Princess

Well, here we are,the start of December..I am amazed every year by how quickly the months fly by.
I remember as a child the long lazy days of summer, half term and school holidays....now that I am a lot older I blink and I lose a day...
The December and the last challenge for Rhedds has just launched..as always no paper crafts....
for my project this month I have created a Warrior Princess....



I started with a small polystyrene dress form which I painted with gesso...then I inserted the stand, also painted with gesso...
From my scrap box I added a black skirt and over that added strips of different fabrics.


I then created the bodice using strips of black faux leather from an old handbag..some of which looked quilted.


I also created a belt and the over skirt from the faux leather. I fastened the over skirt by punching out some holes at the waist and threading some cord through in a cross over style.


I found a small leather strap that I adhered to the over skirt, then using some stiff card and some masking tape I created the sword..adding some of the quilted faux leather for the handle etc.


Searching through my box of broken jewellery I found this gorgeous piece and it made such a great breast shield..I also found some bits of chain from an old bracelet that had the same colour bead as the stone in the breast plate.

I am really quite pleased with the end result....to see what the rest of the design team have created why not pop over for a look..maybe enter our challenge this month...

You can find the challenge here at
Rhedd's Creative Spirit.


4 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow what an imagination you have sweetie. The attention to detail is fabulous - I would never have thought of doing this. Beautiful. Love always xxx

Rupa Swaminathan said...

wow, Sandie...love how you brought so many things together here. Absolutely a creative mind at work, the bodice, the warrior shield and the entire presentation is a stunner!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Sandie isn't it fabulous random items come together to give you creativity and satisfaction?
Love your Warrior outfit.

Sammy said...

This is just WOW Sandie! I absolutely adore it! x