I happened to come across a child's floor puzzle in a charity shop..the pieces are quite large and just perfect for altering...
As usual the 1st of each month sees the new challenge start over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...so for my project I altered one of the puzzle pieces to make a pretty wall hanging.
I started by sanding the image off of the puzzle piece and then gave it a coat of gesso. When that was dry I then covered the piece with a napkin, when that was dry I punched 2 holes and added a cord for hanging.
Next I added a couple pieces of lace and some applique. I found a vintage image in my stash, so I distressed the edges of that and added that to a scrap piece of script backing paper, distressing the edges of that as well.
I added the topper to the altered puzzle piece and then added a couple of roses and pearl trim.
I felt it was still lacking something so I added a silver effect corner pieces and a blingy butterfly.
I am really happy with how this piece turned out..it now has pride of place hanging on the handle of my pine wardrobe.
Do pop over to the blog for a look...check out the designers projects this month..you may be inspired to join in with the challenge...
You can find it here at........Rhedd's Creative Spirit