Followers

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Why,this clock is exactly 2 days slow....


I am very honoured to have been invited to be a Guest Designer over at Try It on Tuesday.
The remit was Clock / Watch...and I had just the stamp to fit the bill.


I had a look in my stash to find something suitable that would show the stamp up and something I could hang..so I chose this plaque, it was the perfect size too.
I sanded it down a little then painted it to seal the wood in gesso...once dry I added 2 coats of white acrylic paint, then left it to dry over night.


I stamped the image of the Mad Hatter  and the sentiment (from the Alice stamp set by Indigoblu) on to the plaque and heat dried the ink..although the ink is waterproof  I wasn't going to risk smudges when I coloured the image in.
Once everything was completely dry I sprayed the plaque with Seal and Shine from Crafter's companion, then I added the clock and 2 red bows.
I hope you will pop over to the blog and join in with the challenge, you can find it here at
                                       Try It On Tuesday

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag and lovely to have you with us this time round at TIOT! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

This is just AMAZING! Great to have you as a guest designer over at Try It On Tuesday!

Rosie said...

Wow, I love this piece of art, Sandie

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous wall hanging. I love the stamps you used and the brilliant quote. Thank you so muck for being our Guest Designer for this theme at TioT's.
Yvonne

Lula said...

Wonderful project Sandie! Thanks bunches for being our Guest Designer at TioT this time. Hugs!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous little hanging Sandie, love your take on the theme with these stamps. Great to have you join us as Guest Designer at TioT
Avril x

chrissie said...

A wonderful piece Sandie and great to have you as guest designer

Love Chrissie xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is such a fun make! I can think of several people who that quote would fit too!Great to have you as GD at TIOT!Chrisx

maj. said...

Wonderful creation!

Marjut said...

This is such a beautiful project.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fantastic make! I love your fun plaque and the stamped image and saying are delightful 😁. Nice to meet you at Try it on Tuesday and wishing you a lovely weekend! J 😊

Margik said...

A project very creative, Sandie! Thank you for being our Guest Designer for this challenge. Mar xx