Followers

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Blooming Lovely...

 It's Sunday, so time for another challenge over at Sunday Postcard Art

The theme is "Bloom" and was chosen by Peggy.

So for my postcard I chose to use paper napkins.

I used Oxide Inks and then stamped some script on my blank card to create a bit of background. Over that I used a section of a floral napkin, trimming off the overlap with some fine sandpaper once it was all dry.



Next I added the image of this pretty little girl from another napkin, once all dry I completely covered my postcard in modge podge.
To finish I added the words and distressed the edges in ink
I am really pleased with the way my postcard turned out, even with the few wrinkles in the tissue, this will be one that I will keep as a favourite make.
You can find this fun challenge here at Sunday Postcard Art



10 comments:

Deann said...

Fabulous layering a beautiful card.

Annie said...

I love this postcard and especially reading about your brought it all together. Every image and media blends so well with the next. It really turned out delightful.

Cindy McMath said...

So pretty!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow! This is stunningly gorgeous. I love this!

Mandy Chilvers said...

Love this Sandie. I love using napkins. Fab work

My name is Erika. said...

This is beautiful Sandie. You should link it up to the Say It With Flowers at Try It On Tuesday. It would be perfect. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

Oh you are right about the date and try it On Tuesday. I missed that. Glad someone is more with it than me. Smile. Hugs-Erika

peggy gatto said...

A lovely technique!!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Stunning postcard art, it really is quite striking, Michelle x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh my, what ghostly beauty this has! Wowzers, I really need to try this sometime. Am Pinning for the instructs. How do you adhere your napkin? I've read the wax paper and iron way but geez, what about just applying thin even layer of glue (I even have napkin glue! Just never got brave enough to try.) to the substrate and then laying your napkin down carefully on it? Would appreciate knowing your secret sometime. Stunning look! xoxo P.S. - am working as we speak on an art journal page where I am INTENTIONALLY making a tag with birds on it as hidden journaling. So don't have a heart attack, I'll be playing at TT this challenge! Ha! And thank you so much for your sweet sweet blog comments. It makes me happy to know you and also to know you are hanging on to your AO stamps like I am. Hugsz! xoxo