Followers

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Greyscale Postcard

 Over at Sunday Postcard Art there is a new theme, Greyscale.

You would think that Greyscale was an easy theme to master, in fact I didn't think it was. I used mainly stamping so having no grey inks, I had to lighten off the black ink by dabbing my stamps on tissue before stamping on my postcard. Took me a couple of attempts to get the different levels of grey.

The blank postcard was coloured by using black distress ink and blending brushes, again taking care not to go too dark, as I needed it a lighter shade so the stamping would show up.



The 4 ladies are from Tim Holtz paper dolls, love them.
Postcards can be any medium, but must be 4"x6".
You can find the challenge here at 


6 comments:

Deann said...

Great job on this, love the background.

crafty-stamper said...

You mastered it perfectly love the Paper Dolls and stamped background
carol x

peggy gatto said...

Just so fun!!!!!!!

Cindy McMath said...

Beautiful card!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful!

Mandy Chilvers said...

Its very difficult for me not to add colour! Youve done a great job! Thank goodness for TH dolls lol