Followers

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Altered Cube

Time for this months challenge over at More Mixed Media..the challenges are always anything goes, with an optional twist to use the specified colour or colours.
For August the Colour theme is "Brights "
So for my designer piece I decorated one of my wooden cubes..these are solid wood and make great paper weights.



I started by sealing the wood with a primer and while that was drying I coloured some card with Oxide distress inks, spritzing and drying with a heat tool until I got the colour how I wanted it.



When the card was completely dry I cut 6 pieces to cover each side, top & bottom of my cube.
I stamped the images on each piece..these are new stamps that I was lucky enough to win from Aall&Create, designed by Tracy Evans..so this is their very first outing and I love them.


Once the inks were dry I adhered the card to the cube then sprayed it all over with Seal&Shine which really enhances the oxide ink colours.
To finish I decorated a heart in colours that matched and adhered it to the top of the cube.
Do pop over to check out the challenge..you have the opportunity of winning some fabulous digi paper packs from Lozzy, our boss lady...
                          You can find the challenge here at
                                     More Mixed Media

I am also entering this cube in to the challenge here at
                                      Love to Create

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cube Sandie! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A great idea to cover the sides with the card and designs. Wonderful colour and shape choices

Love Chrissie xx

Lou Sims said...

Fabulous project, full of detail, colour & texture. Many thanks for joining in with Love 2 Create Challenges 'Anything Goes' challenge. Lou (DT L2CC)