Followers

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August Challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit

For my designer project for August I decided to alter a canvas.
The canvas itself had been previously coloured, so I went over that with a wash of diluted acrylic paints..then using other colours that I had also diluted I loaded a watercolour paint brush and flicked paint over the canvas creating a speckled effect.


I started layering up my canvas with scraps from my stash, distressing the edges of the papers.
I also cut and used halves of a couple of large tags and a ticket and price tag.


I had a Graphic45 menu/label that was in my stash so I adhered the image of this lovely lady to that and added her to the canvas.


Next I added a strip of muslin and added a strip of lace. I then added a strip of fabric that had some lovely blue script on it..and embellished that with a key.


I finished embellishing the canvas with a optician's lens on the lady's face, some flowers and a metal leaf...and I just couldn't resist adding the beautiful lace butterfly.

As always at Rhedds, it is altered art and there is no theme...No Papercrafts as in Cards or Atcs.
This is not a prize giving challenge ,however we do select a Winner, a Runner Up and a Design Team Choice..and of course there are the badges to go with that...and even if you have been selected before, you can still be selected again.....so do pop over and have a look.
                     You can find the challenge here at
                             Rhedd's Creative Spirit

I am entering my altered canvas in to the challenges over at
Love to Create Challenge 15
Altered Eclectics
Eclectic Ellapu
More Mixed Media

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous canvas Sandie. Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

This is fantastic with so many beautiful ideas

Love Chrissie xx

Sammy said...

So beautiful! everything is so perfectly placed and layered. love it! x

Jane Royston said...

Lovely canvas Sandie! I really like the contrasts of the different textures and layers. Thank you for joining in at Altered Eclectics this month, Jane (DT) :) x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Once again a masterpiece. You really have placed all the different elements perfectly. Love it sweetie xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh I just love this gorgeous collage, beautiful image and the way you framed her face - stunning! Hugs, Autumn

Carol said...

GORGEOUS - LOVE ALL ASPECTS of your project xx Have a lovely weekend x

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! everything is so perfectly placed and layered. love it! x


ผลบอล

Rupa Swaminathan said...

You always come up with some amazing vintage makes and I love the colors you choose, Sandie.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

You know I love this Sandra - with my DT hat on -
Thank you for sharing with us over at Eclectic Ellapu this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

Handcrafted by Ellapu
Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a lovely lovely piece Sandie. The image you used is beautiful.

Lace & Pearls Designs said...

What a beautiful project, Sandie, love your canvas!!!
Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics!!!
Atlette DT