Followers

Monday, August 14, 2017

Scrappy Tag

I am sure I am not alone when I say I can't find anything on my work desk because I have so much stuff on it..a pile of stuff here, a pile of stuff there, rubber stamps that need putting away and the ever growing pile of paper offcuts, lol....
Lucky for me the theme at Tag Tuesday is "To Use Your Scraps"..so while I was making the tag I was also making space on my desk...


I covered my tag with a scrap of backing paper, added a torn scrap of corrugated card that I swiped over with gesso..added 2 little scraps of sticky backed mesh..I was glad to use that up as they have been stuck to the side of my lamp for months,lol.
I used a doily and half wrapped it around the tag..In one of the tubs on my desk I had an vintage advertising card that was torn so I just distressed the edges more and  added 2 stamps to it and added it to my tag.
The lace was from a top I no longer wear and I cut the lace off and that too has been sitting on my desk for ages.
The sentiment tabs are from a friend, they aren't something I use very often, but they were just sitting there in a little poly bag so I had to use a couple...and I found a ready tied bow.
The image had been pre stamped for another project a few months ago..I always stamp an image a few times in case I mess one of them up when colouring or cutting.
You can find this lovely challenge here at

Just a couple of photos of the last lot of stuff to be sorted on my desk... lol




2 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, with lots of lovely details. Your desk looks tidier than mine, although I did clear a lot of stuff off it these past couple of weeks, I can even see the wooden surface now! Thanks so much for joining us at TT. Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Wonderful tag Sandie and who would have thought it was a collection of scraps when it started out

Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx